Saturday 13 October 2012

Personification

Personification
Definition: when you make a thing, idea, or an animal do something only humans can do.
Example
"Wind yells while blowing"
"Wind yells while blowing" is an example of personification because wind cannot yell. Only a living thing can yell.


Necklace is a friend
"Necklace is a friend" is an example of personification because Necklace is a thing, and necklaces cannot be friends. Only living things can have friends.
SNOW
Snow speaks to the people its
falling above in the glooming
sunlight.
Its white sparkling voice
echoes
as it falls through
the air.
By Jake
SATIN DREAMS OF INDIA
Satin dreams of India.
Satin dreams of being
made into a beautiful sari.
A warm, Wonderful sari
Worn on an
Indian Princess.
Swaying in the wind.
Satin tell us to be soft and
gentle like her.
By Autumn
STARS

Stars, bring me up with you
Bring me to the place
you sleep.
How do you do it?
Bring me to your home.
Bring your thoughts
to me.
Share them
with me.

By Alex
VELVET
Velvet remembers
how it wrapped around
me.
Keeping me warm
on a snowy
day.
Velvet remembers
how it laid softly
on my bed.
Velvet tells me not
to forget
it.
By Rachael


From the Library Think Quest web page

2 comments:

  1. Diving down into the deep,
    Where all the sea creatures are asleep.
    Bombs are whizzing past,
    But the sub is fast.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Guns faire back and forth to the enemy and back

    Trying to dodge the bullets I dance like a ballerina across the field filled with blood red poppies

    I see soliders falling down down

    The end

    ReplyDelete